The Scheduled Task History allows administrators to drill into all the instances of tasks that were executed during a configurable period of time. It provides information on their execution status, as well as the date and time they were run. You can use the history to determine why a task might have stopped, by viewing errors that may have encountered the task. Usually, you can search the Microsoft Support with the error codes you are encountering and find fixes and workarounds for common errors.
Sending the Scheduled history to Technical Support
Sometimes when users are encountering problems in scheduling, the Technical Support will ask to send the scheduled history. To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Open your Windows Task Scheduler. (Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Task Scheduler)
- From the left panel of the Windows Task Scheduler, click on Task Scheduler Library. A list of all your scheduled tasks will appear in the middle of the screen.
- Click on the wanted GBM related task in the list there in order to select it.
- Refer to the History tab in the lower section of the window there.
- Right-click the error file with the error sign next to it and select the Save All Events As… option.
- Save the events to any known location of your choice, and send the saved file to the support when requested.