Email notification enables users to receive emails to their inbox of the status of backups.
To fix email notification problems, try the following steps:
- Check the email settings which you have provided to verify that they are correct. (Learn more)
- Check your firewall settings and make sure that it is not blocking received emails.
- Check the Spam folder of your mail account and make sure that the email notification did not land there.
- If you are using a Gmail account, make sure to give access for less secure apps as described in this article.
- Contact your email service provider. In some cases the service provider blocks third-party applications to send email using the SMTP server to prevent SPAM.
- Genie Timeline (GTL).
- Genie Backup Manager (GBM).