The Recycle Bin is a folder in which Windows stored files/folders deleted by the user until they are permanently deleted by emptying the Bin.
With that in mind, the user can exclude the content of the recycle bin from the backup using Genie Backup Manager’s Auto-Exclude option.
To do this:
- Open your Genie Backup Manager (GBM).
- Click Tools on the menu bar → Global Preferences → From Category, select the Auto Exclude option.
- Make sure the Enable Auto Exclude option is checked → Click the Add… button.
- In the Rule field, type C:\recycled → OK. This will exclude the Recycle Bin for the C drive.
- Repeat step 4 for all the drives/partitions in your system, substituting the drive letter C with the drive letter of the desired partition.
If you have Norton Auto Protection enabled you will also need to exclude folders called recycler from each drive as well.