By default, Genie Backup Manager (GBM) stores the backup job information and catalog files under the following directory:
AppData is a hidden folder.
- Close GBM.
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard in order to open the Run dialog → Type regedit and hit Enter. This will open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Go to the following key, where %PRODUCT% is the GBM edition you are using (Pro, Home, or Server):
- Double-click the AppDataPathType and change its Value to 1.
- Double-click the AppDataPath → In the Value field, place the new path where you want to start saving GBM’s data → OK.
- Close the Windows Registry Editor.
- Open GBM.
For example, if the new path you selected is the D:\Catalog as shown in the screenshot above, once you open GBM, you will notice that it starts saving the new job’s settings and catalog files under:
So, if you already have data under the following old path:
You can copy them from there and add them to the same Jobs folder under the new directory.
APPLIES TO: Genie Backup Manager (GBM)