Genie Timeline (GTL) backs up files that you wish to be excluded in the Disaster Recovery backup.
Disaster Recovery does not follow the normal Auto-Exclude rules which you can find under Tools → Preferences. This is important to avoid excluding essential files for the full system restore by mistake.
However, these rules can be changed by manually editing a file in the application data folder.
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard in order to open the Run dialog → Type services.msc and hit Enter → Refer to Genie Timeline Service → Stop.
- Using your Windows Explorer, refer to the following directory:
AppData is a hidden folder.
- Right-click on the AutoExcludeDR.xml file if the Disaster Recovery is one of your data selections, and select to Edit it.
- If you want to exclude a folder or drive, then add the following line:
- If you want to exclude a certain file, then add the following line:
- Save the changes and exit the file.
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard in order to open the Run dialog → Type services.msc and hit Enter → Refer to Genie Timeline Service → Start.
APPLIES TO: Genie Timeline (GTL)