- Open your Windows Task Scheduler. (Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Task Scheduler)
- From the left side panel of the Windows Task Scheduler, click Task Scheduler library.
- From the right side panel of the Windows Task Scheduler, click Create Task. The Create Task wizard will be shown, and you will need to fill it as follows:
- Under the General tab, enter a name for this Task. We recommend to name it GBM – Disaster Recovery Job.
- Under Trigger tab, click New… → Select when you need to run this task → OK.
- Under Actions tab, click New… → The New Action window will be opened. Fill it as described below and click OK.
- From the drop-down menu of Action, select Start a Program.
- In Program/Script, browse for the EXE file of Genie Backup Manager (GBM).
For version 8.0 of GBM, the default location of the EXE file is: C:\Program Files\Genie-Soft\GBM APPLICATION\GBM8.exe For version 9.0 of GBM, the default location of the EXE file is: C:\Program Files\Genie9\Genie Backup Manager\GBM.EXE
- In the Add Arguments (optional) field, type the following:
-e –job “Disaster Recovery Job”
- Click OK to save the created task.
GBM APPLICATION mentioned above depends on which edition you are using.
For GBM Home 8.0 it is GBMHome8
For GBM Pro 8.0 32-bit it is GBMPro8
For GBM Pro 8.0 64-bit it is GBMPro8x64
For GBM Server 8.0 32-bit it is GBMServer8
For GBM Server 8.0 64-bit it is GBMServer8x64
APPLIES TO: Genie Backup Manager (GBM).